E-Line within a metro region
At all DE-CIX exchanges except Dubai, Moscow, and the IXs in India, DE-CIX’s MetroVLAN service allows customers to exchange traffic privately. Connect to your desired counterpart in another data center or get connected to other DE-CIX customers that can provide transit for you. Or sell your services to other customers who are connected at one of the DE-CIX-enabled sites.
E-Line between metro regions
At our exchanges in Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf, New York, Marseille, and Istanbul, MetroVLAN Remote is available: with your access at one of these locations, you can connect via a VLAN to any other DE-CIX-enabled site at the other exchanges. In addition, MetroVLAN Remote is available between Frankfurt and Berlin, and Madrid and Lisbon.
What's E-Line: a virtual point-to-point private line
This Ethernet point-to-point service allows you to install one or multiple VLANs on your access and to get connected to other customers, regardless of which enabled site they have connected to the platform in. It’s like a virtual private line; within a metro region or even between metro regions.
- Flexible bandwidth from 100 Mbps up to 100 GE, depending on location
- Multiple VLANs to single destination ports (E-Line) or to multiple destination ports (E-LAN) are possible using different q-tags
- Different VLAN IDs on both sides possible
- The MTU size is adjustable (9000 bytes maximum; default MTU size is 1534 bytes)
- Implementation within two working days
- 24/7/365 support
- Easy bandwidth upgrades
- No additional cross connect costs
E-LAN – a multipoint-to-multipoint connection
In New York and Dallas, we also offer an Ethernet multipoint-to-multipoint service. The service has all the advantages of E-Line, plus it allows you to bring multiple ports into one broadcast domain. It’s like a traditional VLAN that connects to multiple ports.
Request an offer.
Choose a location where to order the MetroVLAN service