DE-CIX Academy seminar: BGP for networks who peer
In 2020, the DE-CIX Academy will offer the seminar "BGP for networks who peer" in the DE-CIX MeetingCenter in Frankfurt.
The seminars will be held in German and they addresses Junior Network Engineers; the seminar costs are 1,350 EUR (incl. VAT).
If you would like to register for one of the seminars, please choose the date below.
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, the BGP seminars in 2020 have been canceled. If you have already registered, we will give you a full refund.
If you want to learn more about BGP, this seminar is for you
The seminar addresses Junior Network Engineers or technical personnel familiar with IP routing as such, but not familiar with BGP. If you have configured any router on the command line before but you do not know what iBGP, eBGP is, this seminar is for you.
- Networks and prefixes - IPv4 and IPv6
- What is an Autonomous System and why do I need one?
- Interior routing protocols overview: OSPF and IS-IS
- BGP - Border Gateway Protocol:
- Using iBGP to connect my routers
- Distributing prefixes using BGP
- eBGP - connecting to upstream providers and the outside world using IPv4 and IPv6
- Setting up peering using eBGP
- BGP Communities and their use
- BGP Security - protecting your network
- BGP and RPKI - cryptographically secure your prefixes
- Peering topics (if time permits)
- Peering Policies
- Peering Tools - like RIPE Stat, RIPE Atlas, Looking Glasses
- Peering Requests
A lab environment will be used for practical experiments regarding BGP. The lab uses FRRouting - an open source solution for BGP and other routing protocols.
The seminars will be held by Wolfgang Tremmel, Head of the DE-CIX Academy. If you have any questions about the topics discussed or if you are interested in an English seminar, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Be informed about upcoming seminars
If you would like to receive invitations for DE-CIX Academy webinars and seminars which you can unsubscribe from at any time in the future by clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email, please subscribe here.